10 Top Tips for conscious living with Gret Batchelar
- Make time for you. This society is do do do do do, always on the phone. To be more conscious, this is the most important one. Start with just a few minutes, which will grow. Mediate has help me be still and given me my biggest realisations. Try a thoughtful walk, standing on the ground barefoot, connecting with nature - just don’t have your phone! Disconnect.
- Act. Do something. It can be overwhelming once you start noticing different things, people, opinions. But start small, choose one simple thing eg. Not buying plastic water bottles anymore.
- Make the commitment. I committed that I wouldn’t get my take away coffee unless I had my keep cup. Its small but its something and I committed to it.
- Be prepared. In my take away pack or ‘conscious kit’ I have a stainless steel water bottle, my keep cup, stainless steel straws, a mini stainless steel lunch box, my own re usable cutlery set, all in a bag for life. All packed up and ready to go. Make it easy for yourself.
- Educate yourself. You’ve done the first 4, you will start to see things in a whole new light. You will have a positive impact. Try podcasts, books eg. Lowtox Life (and she has a podcast!) Could be on ways to become more green, or mediation - anything to help you feel more conscious in the scope of mind/body sensibility.
- Take inventory or your home, routines, purchases. Don’t try to do everything at once! Its impossible. It will evolve naturally. Be in your house, space and look around. Whats in your fridge? What type of soap? Candles? What are they made from? Take note, gradually. How are you spending your money. Be okay with it, but because you’ve educated yourself you can make new/different decisions. Choose slowly and your focus. The kitchen is a good place to start - because so many things come wrapped in plastic. Try refilling your old jam jars and glass bottles. Try beeswax wrap instead of cling film. Cleaning - you don’t need lots of chemicals to clean! Try Dr Bonners, a brilliant company ethos and multi functional cleaner.
- Choose. Start to take note, and make 1 choice and attack it, like I attacked the kitchen! Make it more green, more conscious choices.
- Trust in the process. So once you’ve done one room, or the home cleaning or whatever you’ve chosen. Then move onto the next room/thing you want to change. Stop thinking about the long term goal, do what you can do in this moment, well. If you can do that, you’ll take the next step, and do it well too.
- Be the change. Live the change, don’t just talk about it, show people how you’ve made the change. Live by what you stand for. Be strong about it.
- Be kind to yourself, as its not an easy process, its a minefield of information. It won’t happen overnight, and that’s okay. And don’t worry about falling off, if you forget your kit, if you have a screaming child, don’t worry about falling off or beginning again. Be kind to the world, planet and yourself.
I hope its been super helpful! I hope you start by carving out some time to yourself as the starting point.
'You will have a positive impact'
Shop the collection